Sep. 8, 2018
Still under construction. A lot of things to figure out for a minimal web site.
- Restructure site to segregate original content from others' content and subsites that shouldn't be scanned for the web feed.
- Complete and schedule ‘euell’ web feed generator.
- Set up and schedule Planet SDF using ‘pluto’ or ‘rawdog’.
- Switch site to HTTPS. (Does leaving public read-only pages accessible with HTTP have any merit?)
- Add private subsites requiring user log-in. (Assuming Basic Authentication over HTTPS is secure enough.)
- Distribution/back-up/version control: Create per-project
GIT repositories so that I can work on and share files from
- Can a GIT repository be made read-accessible via a “http(s)://...” URL by simply placing the repo in a web-served directory?
- Repos will be readable public or authorized-user-only (my-eyes-only is subset of auth'd users). (HTTPS)
- Repos updateable only by me. (SSH).
- Schedule cron jobs to push/pull updates from updatable repos to web-accessible repos
Aug. 25 - Sep. 1, 2018
Thou shalt send forth thy spirit, and they shall be created: and thou shalt renew the face of the earth. — Ps. 103:30 DRB
For years I have been wanting to collect and arrange all the bits and pieces of things I have put on the World-Wide Web and create a nice portal to help me remember and find stuff, and be a public entrance for the brave souls with the interest and courage to venture into the dark and obscure recesses of my on-line brain.
Here it is. Let me know what you think.